Displaying casts tagged OSCON
August 14, 2012
This show was released on Tuesday 14 August 2012; its running time is 00:39:53.
Segment 0 (00:36)
- Bradley represents FSF on the GNOME Advisory Board. (02:20)
- Bradley points out it's very dangerous when you can buy voting rights of a 501(c)(3) by paying money, such as the structure of OSI. Karen notes that contribution-based membership works very well for GNOME. (03:50)
- Bradley is concerned about the future of OSI's license list now that votes in OSI are for sale. (04:30)
- Bradley received an O'Reilly Open Source Award at OSCON 2012. Bradley blogged an acceptance speech for the award. (08:50)
- The Python award and the Perl White Camel award is also given at OSCON. (12:35)
- Karen mentioned FLOSS Foundations, and asked if there was a meeting at OSCON. Bradley mentioned it had been primarily rolled into Jono Bacon's CLS conference. (15:10)
Segment 1 (17:56)
- Bradley wrote in a post about the GUADEC 2010 conference to note how welcoming the community was. Karen described GUADEC 2012 as very similar in nature. (21:25)
- Karen mentioned her husband Mike had a similar reaction to GUADEC 2012 that Bradley had to GUADEC 2010. (23:50)
August 2, 2011
Karen and Bradley discuss Karen's OSCON keynote and her 2011 O'Reilly Open Source Award, as well as other happenings from OSCON.
This show was released on Tuesday 2 August 2011; its running time is 00:36:27.
Segment 0 (00:35)
- Bradley and Karen just returned from the 2011 O'Reilly Open Source Software Convention (OSCON). (00:45)
- Karen received one of the 2011 O'Reilly Open Source Awards. (Video of the award ceremony is online.) (03:05)
- Karen now has a blog called GNOMG. (05:03)
- Karen's wrote a blog post about winning the 2011 Open Source Award. (03:47)
- Karen now has a redirector to her blog via gnomg.org. (05:42)
- Listener Michael Dexter let Bradley stay at his house for part of the time of OSCON, and Bradley later shared a room with listener Richard Fontana. (06:40)
Segment 1 (10:22)
- Karen keynoted at OSCON, entitled Software Freedom: From my Heart to the Desktop. (10:22)
- Bradley had a live-denting thread of Karen's keynote at OSCON 2011.
- Karen's 2011 OSCON keynote is available YouTube. You can also hear the audio on the show itself, but if you prefer video, use the preceding link. If you watch instead of listen, just skip the audio in the oggcast up to Segment 2 below:
Segment 2 (24:49)
- Bradley mentioned conferences can be ephemeral on his blog about GUADEC 2010. (28:25)
- Bradley and Karen are about to go to the Desktop Summit. (29:15)
- Bradley, Michael Meeks and Mark Shuttleworth will be on a panel on copyright assignment moderated by Karen. (29:25)